First 3 to 6 month working period for a worker is a probation time to endorse our placement as a permanent worker. There’s many thing that will be thorough by the employer and for us as the employee need to take care of them;
1. Work performance
Resume and appearance while interview is the first impression but the work performance is the key that employer need.
It is better to have a lower level employee with good manners compared to a skillful employee with bad manners. The attitude when we’re working is Important not only in the probation period but all the time when you are still hired.
3. Fail as team player
In any organization, we work as in a team. All of us have different responsibility but we have the same goal; to achieve success. If we fail to work as a team player, the goal can’t be achieved and the result in this case, your own goal also ( to get a position as worker) can’t be achieved.
4. Culture of the society
Every organization have its own culture. To be accepted, we need to absorb to the culture and the important thing as new member, don’t try to change the culture or bring any new culture into it.
The probation time, some people see it as an opportunity to the employer to select the employee they wanted to, but it is also good for employee.
Advantages of probation period for the employee are:
- It’s the time for you to absorb the environment in the workplace.
- If the environment is not suit for you, you may leave the organization easier. When you are already a permanent worker, wanted to leave because of this reason will make harm for you.
- It’s one of the options to impress your employer after the interviewing period.
- If you show more than he expect, you may ask for higher salary or position.
- Time for you to standby with the contract.
- When you are accepted to the organization, there will be a contract to become a permanent worker. For that contract, you need to be well prepared especially for uniform or working in shift. The probation period will give you time for it.